Thursday, July 23, 2009

Metabolism


You can't see it - you don't know exactly how much it burns - but you know everyone has it. It's a very frustrating truth. If I could figure it out, it would give me the answer I need to lose the fat, right? Damnit, metabolism! I realize eat less, exercise more is the standard, but what is eating less? Thedailyplate.com says I need to eat 2,000 calories to lose 2lbs in a week. I have adjusted it to 1,500 because I convinced myself that I would lose more weight if I ate even less. But thinking about yesterday and the 3lb weight loss when I had eaten 2,000 most days out of the week. It's all just confusing. It's nice to be able to go back and look at my calories to see if there are any patterns, but it really sucks that there isn't an easy way to figure it out. It sounds easy - eat less, but how much less? I'll put my numbers together and see if I can find a pattern.

No comments: