Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weigh Me In!


Previous weight: 265.5lbs
Current weight: 265lbs
Weight lost: .5lbs

I suppose any loss is a good loss. I have been exercising for a half hour each day for two weeks. I feel good that I'm doing things to create a better life, but I know that I need to do more.

I have decided that I eat certain foods for a variety of three reasons. First, I eat to fuel my body. Second, I eat because it tastes good. Third, I eat because it comforts me. I realize I'm going to eat to fuel my body and because things taste good. I need to NOT eat foods for comfort.

I was looking for a tootsie roll in my bosses candy dish this week. There was only a chocolate toffee chew thing. I decided to go for it - popped it in my mouth, chewed it a couple of times and spit it out. No reason to eat wasted calories if it doesn't even taste good.

I need to learn balance in my world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's hard when those cravings kick in. Just remember what your goal is and keep pushing forward. And you are right. If it doesn't taste good, why eat it? I've eaten things that taste good just because it was there. What a waste!

Keep up the good work!

Crystal said...

Yeah, when you said you eat for comfort, I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, but I'm glad you reached that conclusion on your own. :)

When you do need comfort, what healthy activity will you turn to now instead of food? :)