Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Down on the Scale


Previous weight: 264lbs
Current weight: 263lbs
Weight lost: 1lb

I'm not feeling bad this week for my 1lb loss. I figure a lifestyle change is happening and it's going to take time to drop the weight. If I was going and exercising for an hour+ a day, it would probably drop faster, but I'm doing what seems reasonable to me right now. I'm gaining the motivation to do more. To raise my time, to vary my exercises, to eat better, etc.

Today I decided that it was WAY too hot to go outside and walk. Even worse than yesterday. I tried something new today. I went up the stairs (3 flights) to the 4th floor, walked around that floor, went down the stairs to the 1st floor (3 flights) and walked around that floor. I repeated this for 45 minutes. I was going to stop at 30 minutes but went the extra 15 minutes today. My heart was racing when I was going up those stairs. It felt good though.

My knees have been hurting a lot for the past, goodness knows how long. I think doing the stairs and bike will help straighten them. Plus, getting the weight off will be a lot of pressure lifted off of them. That's really my only physical limitation/problem that my weight has caused. I don't have any diseases, no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol - I'm doing pretty good.

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Great job on getting the exercise in through alternate ways!
Path to Health

Crystal said...

I hope your knees feel better soon. :) Carrying extra weight really makes a difference. I know it's a lot easier to wear high heels when I not overweight!