Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vege-Vege-Vegetarian!


Here's how it all started. While dating one of those boyfriends - I was introduced to a life of a pure vegetarian. He made me dinner for our first "date". I was open minded - as I am with most everything. It was a tofu stir-fry and it was delicious!

As our relationship progressed so did the vegetarian teachings. I remember being a kid and only eating the breading off my McDonald's chicken nuggets. I never really ate my moms meatloaf or burgers. I was turned off if my chicken wasn't pure white - veins and whatnot were a deal breaker. Though through this time, I never really realized I was eating animals.

I wish someone would have pointed it out sooner. Told me that it's a pig, cow, chicken, turkey, etc. that I was eating. Showed me the relationship. I was 19-20 once this realization occurred and I haven't eaten meat since. There are multi reasons why I chose this way of life for myself. If you're really curious - you can ask.

I find that being a vegetarian does not equal being healthy. I did get down to a nice 185lbs when we were dating, but life changed and I decided to move on - only to gain A LOT of weight, though still being a vegetarian. This leads up to my current point. I'm still choosing to be a vegetarian as the thought of eating meat sickens me. I'm just now choosing to become a HEALTHY vegetarian again. :D

No comments: