Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fuel for the Body


Today was a test of my body with physical endurance without much fuel. Deciding it was going to be warm the later it got - I wanted to mow some lawns this morning (without eating first - not smart). I made it through the first mow and due to a lack of money and a disgruntled conversation, decided to go straight through to mow the second lawn.

By this time, I was non-functional. The work got done but my body was paying for it. After some deliberation - a pizza was purchased and eaten. I didn't go over my calories for the day - I still stayed under, but that was the only thing I ate today. I feel alright, it didn't do too much damage. I can definitely tell when it's the weekend versus a week day as I stray away from the healthy 6 small meals or 3 small meals and 3 snacks to whatever, whenever.

Staying under my calories and working my body for two hours in a day is generally a good thing, but the fuel needs to go along with the exercise to be more efficient in burning it off.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Amen. You need that fuel. Sometimes you just need to be reminded of how much it sucks to try to work on an empty stomach. Lol