Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sugar, Children and Dumbbells


A co-worker brought in some 2lb weights for my when I go walking around work during my break. It's really nice to take exercise breaks instead of lunch breaks. It keeps my energy up for the rest of my day! They began noticing after about the third week that I was walking around my place of employment during my breaks. They have been really encouraging and have gotten the children at my work to start chanting/cheering me on. It's nice to know that people are behind me and in support of what I'm doing. It makes me continue going strong.

I used to be very tired during lunch breaks as I would eat the pizza that's sold around the corner and sit in the lobby falling asleep every day. Some times I would get snacks out of the vending machines (super sugary) or cheaper snacks from my work in high quantities. I have cut down on the bad snacks and only have them once in a while when I feel I need to. I have been bringing my lunch to work every day since I started and it has been great. I eat throughout the day and limit big meals. I get all the nutrients I need and can spread it out to eat when I'm hungry.

On top of all of this today, I read and article on the livestrong website about
children and sugar. The article was tips on how to limit the sugar intake of children so they don't become addicted/have a taste for it later in life. I don't have any children, but they made some excellent points for those that do. By giving children lots of fruits (with natural sugar) and vegetables and allowing them to get a taste for it instead. Children
don't come with a manual, but I wonder what my parents did with my when I was a child. If they allowed me to eat sugary foods or
they gave me natural food. I would assume the former as I'm in this predicament for a reason. *shrugs* Just random thoughts.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Go, April, Go! (Awesome pictures you're finding to post, by the way!)