Thursday, June 25, 2009

After Work Extravaganza


Well - not really. I made it through my day keeping under my calorie goal. I really didn't want to walk the stairs today. It was another hot one so I decided to wait until after work. Luckily it had rained a little and cooled down the temp right before I wanted to walk. I was very close to skipping it today. I've been consistent and have only missed one day of 30 minute exercise in about a month now. Not too shabby!

Due to the nature of my extracurricular activities, I have free access to a gym/rec center. I'm thinking about adjusting my schedule a little to attempt making it over there on those hot days. I really want to stick to cardio - and thinking I may go during my hour break (1pm-2pm) and possibly after work. That will be within an hour of eating lunch and dinner. My metabolism should be increased while I'm eating or shortly after eating.

When I started this journey an hour of exercise a day didn't seem too out there. It still doesn't. It's just locating the time I want to use for that hour and just doing it. I don't think I'm going to start this new idea and increased daily exercise next week as it's a short work week (and my birthday!). I will start it the 6th of July. I should be able to build up the want within a week.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

An hour of exercise a day is an awesome (and attainable) goal!