Monday, June 8, 2009

Miss Piggy No More!


The last time I was called Miss Piggy was back in Middle School. I decided instead of getting sad - I would get angry and use my size to my advantage by threatening to beat the kid up. That was the end of weight teases, at least to my face. Knowing my size could help me, it soon became a positive thing as a pre-pubecent kid.

As I got older, I hit puberty and decided starving myself and working out for 3 hours a day, every day was a great idea. I got down to my lowest weight ever, 165lbs. Speed up through boyfriend after boyfriend, drama after drama and I got to my all-time high this year of 272lbs.

Like any New Year's Resolution, I created this blog to tell the tale of me working towards a better, more accomplished life. After some thought, I decided a better, more accomplished life wasn't going to happen until (as Gandhi put it) I became the change I wished to see. My weight is no longer a positive thing - it has become a hindrance. It's holding me back from being the healthy, happy person I am.

I have begun the steps to Lb-eration!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I didn't know you threatened to beat a kid up! Lol

I have about a 100+ pound weight range, too, so I know how you feel. Congrats on making the choice to get healthy!