Monday, June 15, 2009

Cake of a Test!


Cake of a test - well - kind of. There was some cake leftover at my work from an occasion on Friday. Before I chose to change, I would have gotten a big piece of this cake and eat it all up in one sitting and possibly go back for more. Instead, I took a little piece of each the strawberry and chocolate sections.

I took a bite of the chocolate and it didn't taste moist or yummy like I had hoped. I threw the rest of the chocolate piece away as it 1) didn't taste good and 2) didn't give any type of good fuel to my body. I did enjoy the strawberry piece as it 1) tasted good. I wasn't sure of the calorie content, but I wanted another small piece, so I went back and enjoyed it as well.

By small piece, I mean maybe an inch by 2 inches. Again, I don't know how many calories it REALLY was, but I figured it was probably more than I wanted it to be - so I ate less the rest of the day. The cake was not worth the lowered calories for my other meals as I didn't feel full at dinner as I normally would.

I may have gone over my 1,500 calorie goal today or I may have still been under. I'm not sure because of the cake that wasn't even worth my time. At least I know for the future that a large amount of wasted calories leave me feeling empty.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm really enjoying really about all of these things you are realizing and learning about how/why you eat. It's like reading my own thoughts sometimes. Lol