Sunday, June 21, 2009

Memories


Due to the nature of the holiday typically celebrated today, pictures were brought out and re-discovered. I realized that while talking about these pictures a lot of the conversation consisted of weight by the younger people and memories from the older people involved. I thought about it while we were reminiscing and am very curious why there is such an obsession over weight.

I realize I am overweight - obese even - but I don't want my future children to look back at pictures and end up focusing on peoples weight. The obsession comes when people aren't happy with their weight. There wasn't any talk about health just appearance.

I don't want my children to look back and say their mom was fat and compare to however I may be when I have them. I also don't want them to have to worry about weight. I'm very curious what I ate when I was younger - what happened to get me to this point - what not to do with my children so they don't have to focus on it when we're looking back at pictures. I want to share the memories of the good times and excitement of their childhoods.

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I think it's more fun to talk about goofy hairstyles and clothing of the past. :-)

And as for not exercising on Saturday, it's good to give your body a day of rest.
Path to Health

Crystal said...

So true. Excellent observations.